Parent Aide Progam
Through intensive home visits, professional parent aides work with families whose children are at risk of being placed in foster care.
- Location: 1654 W. Onondaga St., Syracuse.
- No fee.
- Eligibility: Referrals to the program are made through Onondaga County’s Department of Social Services.
- Information: Please call 315-424-1880 and ask for the Parent Aide Program.
- Good to know: Of 1205 children served in 2010, only 3 entered foster care; we've been serving families since 1962.
CHILD PASSENGER SAFETY PROGRAM
This program provides car seats and booster seats for infants and toddlers of income eligible families at no charge.
- Please note that there is an income eligibility requirement in order to receive a car seat. Proof of WIC, Medicaid, or Food Stamps is required to receive a car seat.
- Applicants should contact Catholic Charities at 315-424-1800 and request to be registered for a car seat class.
Car Seat Class Dates:
Thursday, 3/8/12, 1:00 PM
- The applicant will fill out an intake form and a Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Before receiving a car seat, the recipient will need to review a training video that explains proper installation and use of the car seat. Recipients will also learn how to properly install, fit the child to the car seat, and learn proper usage techniques from our certified Traffic Safety Seat Technician.
- It is requested that the recipient have a vehicle present in order to physically install the car seat themselves. If necessary, an installation vehicle can be made available.
The Child Passenger Safety Program is funded by the National Highway Safety Administration with a grant from the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee.
Read more about real people helped by this program:
Father & Baby: Parent Aide Program